- This event has passed.
Guilaine Kinouani: Difference, Whiteness and the Group Analytic Matrix
March 23 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Psychosocial Interventions: Aesthetic Analysis in Practice and Theory
An Event Series by APS and the Department of Visual Cultures, Goldsmiths
Psychosocial Studies is a transdisciplinary form of academic scholarship that engages the ways in which subjective experience is interwoven with social life. Psychosocial Studies is characterised by its orientation towards progressive social and personal change. An important, but often overlooked, aspect of Psychosocial theory and practice are aesthet-ic interventions. More than a mere science of perception, aesthetics plays an important, but often overlooked, role in the theory and practice of institutional forms of psychotherapy, and guide psychosocially informed politics. The Visual Cultures Spring 2023 Public Programme looks to elucidate a psychosocial understanding of the interconnected role aesthetics play in politics and psychotherapeutic practice.
This series is organised in partnership with the Association for Psychosocial Studies.
• Thursday 19/01: Jacob Johanssen
• Thursday 26/01: Susan Kelly
• Thursday 02/02: Hannah Dee
• Thursday 09/02: George Dake
• Thursday 16/02: Rachel Wilson
• Thursday 02/03: Janna Graham and Wanderley Santos
• Thursday 09/03: Lita Crociani-Windland and Jonathan Mosley
• Thursday 16/03: Felix Birch and Sebastian Birch
• Thursday 23/03: Guilaine Kinouani
• Friday 24/03: Workshop with Lynn Frogget
• Thursday 30/03: Nini Fang
Lectures will be held in the Professor Stuart Hall Building (Goldsmiths), LG01. No booking required.